Clear your dash cam's vision for better image quality
Applying the BlackboxMyCar Aqua Shield Dash Cam Film
The BlackboxMyCar Aqua Shield Film
No matter how advanced your dash cam is – whether you’re using a full HD, 2K QHD, or 4K UHD, the moment mother nature blows on your windshield through rain, sunlight glares or dust, your footage will still not be at its best.
This is what the BlackboxMyCar Aqua Shield solves head-on, clearing your dash cam’s vision. In this article, we will show you the advantages of having this dash cam film, and teach you how to apply it on your windshield.
What is the BlackboxMyCar Aqua Shield?
An exclusive product of BlackboxMyCar, the Aqua Shield Dash Cam Film is designed to be mountable to the exterior of your windshield, guaranteeing that any rainwater simply rolls off, keeping your dash cam's view clear and unhindered even in adverse weather.
Unlike other dash cam films, the BlackboxMyCar Aqua Shield stays securely in place through the toughest of weather, providing a constant shield of protection for your dash camera. It can also be cut and moulded to your specific needs, making it adaptable to various car models and windshield shapes.
How does an SD card work for my dash cam?
A dash cam continually records video footage while the car is in motion, needing an SD card to store the captured footage. An SD card can keep more footage before it needs to be rewritten, so choosing an SD card with a larger capacity means that the dash cam can save data rapidly and without interruption or delay. Moreover, this also ensures that the dash cam can record high-resolution, high-frame-rate footage without latency.
How do I Install the BlackboxMyCar Aqua Shield?
Now that we've explored the advantages of the BlackboxMyCar Aqua Shield, let's dive into the installation process. This accessory is compatible with any car with windshield mirrors and windows. Pretty lightweight and quick to install! You can apply it through two methods – dry installation and wet installation.
BlackboxMyCar Aqua Shield: Dry Installation
- Start by thoroughly cleaning the windshield's exterior using a non-silicon-based glass cleaner. Allow it to dry for approximately five minutes.
- Clean the area where the Aqua Shield will be applied using the alcohol-based cleaning pad provided in the kit. Allow it to dry for an additional minute.
- Ensure precise placement by using your dash cam's Live View function or having a helper assist you.
- Remove the "Exterior Sticker" from the Aqua Shield and apply it to the cleaned area, ensuring that no air bubbles are trapped, flattening the Aqua Shield from one side to the other. Use the BlackboxMyCar Vinyl Scraper for a neat, bubble-free installation.
- Once the "Exterior Sticker" is securely adhered to the windshield, remove the outer protection film using the tab "2 Front."
- Clean the applied area once more with a glass cleaner to remove any fingerprints. After that, your BlackboxMyCar Aqua Shield is now ready for use!
Shop Aqua Shield
The Aqua Shield is available exclusively from BlackboxMyCar. Shop today for clearer dash cam footage.