Like-new item tested and certified by our in-house technicians. May not include all original packaging.
OPEN BOX ITEM
Thinkware U1000 RADAR
RADAR enables extended parking mode for the Thinkware U1000.
The Thinkware RADAR is an optional radar motion detection module designed to enhance the dash cam’s Energy Saving Parking Mode 2.0 with ultra-high frequency radar motion detection and buffered recording.
*Energy Saving Parking Mode "Enabled" is required for RADAR motion detection.
When paired with a Cellink NEO Battery Pack, parking mode run-time can be extended to up to 170 hours (7 days).
Ultra High Frequency Radar
The Thinkware U1000 RADAR is designed to be used when the dash cam is on Energy Saving Parking Mode 2.0.
*Energy Saving Parking Mode 2.0 is supported on the Thinkware U1000 dash cam.
When RADAR detects a moving object within the range, the dash cam will switch into Recording Standby Mode and impact detection is set for 30 seconds.
Energy Saving Mode 2.0
If an impact has been made within 30 seconds, the dash cam will save 20 seconds video of before and after the impact.
Without the RADAR, the Energy Saving Mode will trigger recording only after an impact has been made, leaving you without any pre-event evidence.
If no impact is detected within the 30-seconds, the dash cam will automatically switch back to Energy Saving mode and no recording is stored.
Cloud features will be temporarily disabled when the Thinkware U1000 dash cam is in Energy Saving Mode 2.0.
Detection Distance Range
Approx. 7m (23ft)
Detection Horizontal Angle Range
Detection Vertical Angle Range
-30°C ~ 75°C
Approx. 35 mAh
Battery Efficiency: Motion Detect
270mAh consumption (33hrs/9Ah)
Battery Efficiency: Time Lapse
270mAh consumption (33hrs/9Ah)
Battery Efficiency: Energy Saving Mode
Battery Efficiency: Energy Saving Mode + Radar
Energy Saving Mode (128.7mAh) + Radar (34mAh): 55hrs/9Ah
1-Year Manufacturer Warranty
*numbers are based on Energy Saving Mode 2.0 + optional RADAR + iVOLT BAB-50
- Radar motion detection requires optional module, and only enabled in energy saving mode.
- Due to nature of the radar’s Ultra-high Frequency and the surroundings of vehicles, the distance and degree of detection may vary.
- The radar is designed to detect sedan or larger sized vehicles. It may not detect smaller objects (such as people or bicycles).
- To ensure proper functionality, please install Radar Sensor away from anything metallic or other sensors.
Installing the RADAR Module
Installing the RADAR module
- Remove the film on the back of the RADAR module.
- Attach the RADAR module’s adhesive surface to the upper part of the front windshield. The logo should be facing outside the windshield and the red line should be horizontal.
- Press the adhesive part firmly to secure it.
- Connect the RADAR module to the dash cam’s RADAR connector.
- Turn on the ACC or start the engine to check that the RADAR is powered on.
* Before installation, make sure the RADAR module’s cable length is sufficient and check the cable routing path.
Setting up the RADAR module
- From the mobile viewer, tap Dash Cam Settings > Record Settings.
- From RADAR, select Enable or Disable. The new setting is applied automatically.
- Metal materials within the detection range may interfere with the RADAR module’s proper functionality and may cause module malfunction.
- Do not install the RADAR module on metal material-tinted windshields
- Install the RADAR module as far away as possible from the metal-material part of the mirror, Lane sensor or built-in ADAS camera.
Best dash cam I’ve ever owned! Worth the extra money for the piece of mind. Easy to setup and operate through your phone and the radar makes parking last days instead of hours. Only downfall is not with the product, but the $13 fee my bank changed for using my debit card internationally! Other than that, I would recommend this setup for anyone!