Best video quality from BlackVue, Full HD, 1080P at 30FPS.
-Awarded Best Dash Cam of 2013 by the consumer choice in Korea
-Built in G-Sensor, Parking mode by motion detection, GPS
-Widest angle lens: 156 degrees
-WiFi Streaming Available
-Mobile App on Android / iOS / Windows Phone for instant viewing.
-Live time video streaming via WiFi connection
-Change settings via mobile app
-Compatible with Mac computers
In early 2013, BlackVue unveiled their newest flagship product, the DR500GW-HD WiFi. With the intentions of becoming a worthy rival to the FineVu CR500HD, it is safe to say that this unit has become quite a worthy contender.
Shooting at 1080P at 30FPS, BlackVue's new flagship unit offers the best video quality the company has produced to date. In addition to its capability of capturing high quality videos, the DR500GW also has the widest recording range, at 156 degrees. With these numbers, you can rest assured that everything will be recorded in very high quality.
Though the DR500GW does provide great video quality, there is a key factor that separates it from others on the market: WiFi. The DR500GW is the first dashcam on the market to offer WiFi capabilities. With the addition of this feature, interactions with the dashcam become much more convenient. With the use of a dedicated app, videos from the dashcam can be streamed directly on your phone.
As always, Blackvue continues to push out sleek and elegant products. The DR500GW is no different; sporting a matte grey body, paired with a matte silver mounting stand, the result is a premium-looking product we have all come to expect from BlackVue.
Its is also important to note that the DR500GW has become one of our most reliable units. Ever since the incident with the overheating issues in the DR400G-HD, BlackVue has addressed the problem. To date, all the current BlackVue offerings; DR380G-HD, DR500GW-HD, and DR550GW-2CH do not have any reported issues of overheating.
The main differences between FineVu CR500HD to BlackVue DR500GW-HD are:
1. WIFI availability on BlackVue DR500GW-HD WIFI
2. BlackVue is fully compatible with MAC Computer. You can only view videos from MAC with FineVu CR500HD.
3. Sony Exmor CMOS Sensor on FineVu CR500HD
4. Dedicated buttons to take picture, trigger emergency video, mute on/off, and parking mode on the FineVu CR500HD, BlackVu has adjustable settings via WiFI application on phone
5. FineVu CR500HD has more movement adjustability options
1. Video quality is very sharp- Day & Night
2. Built in G-Sensor and Parking Mode by motion
3. Capability of WiFI streaming
4. GPS standard. Speed and location of vehicle will be tracked
5. Most reliable unit carried by us to date
6. No overheating issues reported at all
1. Limited WiFi range
2. Heavier, and bigger form factor
3. Limited movement range (Vertical rotation only)
4. No dedicated buttons for parking mode and G-sensor sensitivity
Camera: 2 Megapixel CMOS Sensor
Viewing Angle: 156 degree diagonal, 98 degree horizontal, 56 degree vertical
Resolution: Full HD 1080P 30fps, HD 720P 30fps
Compression System: Video H.264
File Format: MP4
Memory: 32GB Micro SD Card Max
Input Voltage: DC 12V
Current Consumption: Max 2W
Operating Temperature: -10 degree ~ 60 degree
What is Parking Mode by Motion Detection? Learn more from HERE
YouTube Video Reviews:1. Unboxing 2. Review
Fantastic dash cam
Have Questions? Contact Us!
Ready to make a purchase? Click here!