First dash cam installation. Overall I'm happy with the installation and results. I watched Blackvue vs competitors over past couple years and believe they BV is truly committed to making a continually improved product. I'm not using the cloud feature at this time so cannot review that.
- Nice design and fit of product
- Well thought out usage such as power packs and draining prevention (have the ultra battery b-124x), proximity mic mute neat
- wiring length good for power and rear cam (although comm for rear was close)
- desktop and mobile apps help interface and configure well for camera
- Odd stepping process of needing to be on internet to open app and then get off network to connect camera wifi due to an unneeded version check
- SD card guidance minimal (had to tinker a bit with formatting of larger card)
- reading finer detail should not be expected. larger signs ok, license plates not always if not right in front of cam such as parking spot
NOTE: Had issue with SD card not working and seemed to be that the cards volume was not at the beginning of the card space. Used AOMEI free part mgr to clear and reformat a FAT32 volume onto the card. Cam did reformat the card again when installed but it worked after that.