The BlackVue DR650S has several improvements over its predecessor (the DR650GW) found below:
- Video quality improvement for both front and rear; from 8Mbps/3Mbps to 10Mbps/5Mbps
- Rear camera power ON/OFF in both normal and parking-mode recording
- Rear camera security LED ON/OFF
- Rear camera image 180° rotation
- Lower power consumption overall
In short, although the list may be short, there are several important updates that address the shortcomings of the DR650GW, such as video quality and rear camera power ON/OFF. May not be worth the upgrade for current DR650GW owners, but does make the unit compete more evenly against the Thinkware F770.